Staying Awake in The City That Never Sleeps....

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Reason to Celebrate?

In New York, there is always a reason to party, or at least meet for a drink.

A person moving in or out of New York is often regarded with a sense of celebration.

We've all received invites to "Come party with me on my last night in town!" or "Help me Welcome my friend to NYC". I even threw a "Five Year NYC Anniversary" party with Kenzie, Annie and Emilie a while back.

With the constant stream of people moving in and out of New York City, I shouldn't be surprised that people move in and out of my life in the same way.

Would it be odd for me to start celebrating transitioning relationships?

Could I send out an email saying:

"I met a really great guy last weekend and he just called, lets celebrate!"

or

"Its been two years since I cut off that destructive relationship... join me for drinks!"

Would that be odd?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Most people greet any kind of celebration as just that... a celebration.

I don't think it's odd to celebrate personal milestones like that, it's just not common is all.

Knight said...

You surround yourself with creative people that like to go out. This can't possibly surprise you. If I got an e-vite from you saying "Got a hot date on Saturday. Lets get drinks Friday night!" I wouldn't think much of it.

A. said...

I'm always up for a celebration...the slightest excuse is completely valid in my book!

Unknown said...

I agree. Any excuse to go out for drinks is great. It's probaby even more valid to celebrate personal milestones like finding a great new guy or getting rid of one than something that can turn out to be mildly perfuntory because it's more common. Holidays for example.